About Me

My photo
Hey! I see you've made it to my blog. My name is Dominique and if you've already skimmed through my blog a bit, I'm a teenager who believes in documenting bits and pieces of her life online. Nothing on the internet is forever gone so it's like a snapshot of my life and interests.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My grandfather

He died December 2, 2010. His birthday is January 16th; he would of been 75 years old. That's in three days. I wanted to write all the good things about him.

He loved to play the piano and was very patient with me when I asked him to teach me how to play, even though I ended up quitting.

He used to cut up sugarcane, which I loved to eat. Now, it just sits in the kitchen, uncut because no one can cut it.

He always tried to teach my sister and I a lesson, even when it was obvious that we didn't want to hear his mouth.

I wouldn't continue but my eyes are watering from remembering him. I hope he's happy wherever he is and watching us. I hope to one day learn creole and successfully learn how to play the piano in his honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment