About Me

My photo
Hey! I see you've made it to my blog. My name is Dominique and if you've already skimmed through my blog a bit, I'm a teenager who believes in documenting bits and pieces of her life online. Nothing on the internet is forever gone so it's like a snapshot of my life and interests.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Introduction

Hey. My name is Dominique and I'm seventeen years old. I'm currently a Junior in high school right now and let me tell ya', it's stressful. I haven't even taken the SAT or ACT and all the schools I want to apply to require me to take those tests. Anyway, I aspire to be a psychiatrist. Ever read Flowers for Algernon? By Daniel Keyes? It's a must read. It inspired me to help others that didn't have a choice to be mentally "normal".

Background
I was born on Septemeber 23, 1993 in Miami, FL. I'm the oldest of seven kids and my parents are divorced. We're Haitian-American but I assume that we have some other ethnicity in us because we just don't look fully Black in my opinion.

I recently cut my hair on November 15, 2010 and to me it's a major change. I've had my hair relaxed ever since I was in elementary school and my hair has always been shoulder length or a little past it, but now, it's just about one to two inches long, and curly! My hair is actually really pretty natural. I just remember the pain that use to feel when they tried to braid my hair, that's the reason why my mom put the relaxer in my hair in the first place. My hair was always for the enjoyment of others. I never really cared for my hair, so I guess you could say that I'm starting over. I'm excited to see how long my hair can grow.



I plan to use this blog to organize my thoughts like your dreams do of the day. I always wanted to try blogging so this will be a cool experiment. Let's just hope I have something to blog about... Besides hair. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment